Thursday, November 29, 2007

Science Fiction Novel Waiting to be Written

A subscription to Wired for less than a buck an issue is still too expensive when you figure all the good articles are available on-line for free, and are more readable that way. But our bathroom still is off the net, so I bought, and read an interesting nugget this morning on how, with blogs and feeds like twitter and facebook, individuals are becoming increasingly corporate-like. And books like Joel Bakan's The Corporation show how commercial companies exhibit human behavioral traits, not all of them beneficial to society.

So it's only a matter of time before somebody writes about the day when the distinction between the two disappears. Don't look at me - I don't even have a line from that book yet. And like I said earlier, I'm not exactly the most voracious reader of the genre. But it seems like the best way to explore the idea.

No comments: